Passed Linux+ this morning!

tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally got around to taking the lx0-102 this morning and passed! Best part is it was at a new Pearson Vue testing center about 15 minutes from home. Definitely beats making the 45-50 min ride to the next closest one. Now if only they'd offer Prometric at this new place...
Let's Connect!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. What did you use to study? My boss mentioned that he'd like me to get more familiar with Linux, so I may look at this one soon.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats tier~!

Did you cd ~ and celebrate? icon_wink.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • The TechnomancerThe Technomancer Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There's only one way to celebrate this properly:

cd /pub
    more beer
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Good job and congrats!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • mikejwhatmikejwhat Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How hard is this cert? Have you found it to be a good starting point for Linux?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats everybody. I don't think the Linux+ was terribly difficult but I don't believe it's aimed at the Linux newbie either. You definitely need a firm grasp of the command line and general system configuration in order to succeed. If you were new to *nix and went for this cert, it'd be a reasonably well structured introduction but you can expect to spend a bit of time getting up to speed.

I've been using Linux on and off as a hobbyist for more than a decade so it really just came down to brushing up more than anything else. I used CBTNuggets and then did some labbing based on the LPIC-1 objectives using Arch (which is my daily driver on my laptop) and then CentOS/Ubuntu VMs.

I will say the 2nd test caught me off guard. The 101 was so heavily command focused and required knowing a bunch of commonly used flags and such that I expected more of the same on the 102 but it ended up focusing much more on config files.

As a side note, I did cd /pub last night haha. Troeg's brewery to be exact. If there are any craft beer lovers on here, I definitely recommend their beers if you've never tried them.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! Studying for the first exam now and I'm totally new to Linux, so it is good to have the heads up from someone who recently passed. Congrats again!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1