Need assistance in picking a certification track

DustyRackDustyRack Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all. As the title suggests i currently feel like a dog which is chasing its tail. I want to complete several certification tracks but when i start one something will lead me on to another one and i lose focus on the first one. I am a massive fan of the cisco track but with my current employer i do not touch cisco equipment so this has made me switch focus to the world of Servers (Microsoft). I began to look at the 2012 track but also started to look toward security+. I have conpleted a week CEH course and enjoyed it. I feel like i have not achieved anything for several years and i am starting to get fed up. I feel like i need to choose a direction and stick to it. Has anyone felt like this before?

A dog chasing its tail* thats strange i went to edit the title and it changed automatically???

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This looks to be somewhat outdated, but it's still a fun little resource to play around with:

CompTIA Career Pathways
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm actually surprised to see that CompTIA doesn't over-value their certs in that.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Avoid CompTIA exams imo mate. They have little to no value in the UK. Pick a technology you enjoy and want to work with and go for that. The CCNA / MCSA is always a good starter combination. You can then begin to deep dive after that into more advanced certs such as CCNP etc.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking