Options

Linux Newbie

mayacosta78mayacosta78 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello! I am required by my job to acquire an OS certification. I chose Linux. What is a good cert to have in this area? I know there are different flavors. I guess Linux+ is not vendor specific? Please help icon_cry.gifThanks

Comments

• Options
    The TechnomancerThe Technomancer Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're brand new to Linux, the Linux+ is a good one to start with, especially if your employer isn't being picky about which cert they want you to have.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • Options
    tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello! I am required by my job to acquire an OS certification. I chose Linux. What is a good cert to have in this area? I know there are different flavors. I guess Linux+ is not vendor specific? Please help icon_cry.gifThanks

You're correct, the Linux+ is designed to be vendor neutral while covering both Redhat and Debian variants in terms of package management and system configuration. If you're new to Linux, studying the Linux+ will give you a solid foundation.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • Options
    nonstopcrudivorenonstopcrudivore Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just to give you an overview about Linux:) This is very similar to other operating systems, such as Windows and OS X. It is the software on a computer that enables applications and the computer operator to access the devices on the computer to perform desired functions. One good thing, they say that Linux is better because there will be no mess in starting your menu.[h=2][/h]