Options

70-685 Advice?

Cascaders79Cascaders79 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I made this account awhile back to have access to some resources for the 70-680 test which I took and passed in March. I've been looking at the 685 on and off since then and in an effort to force myself to do something about it I'm now scheduled to take it November 22.

I've been through the MS 70-685 book a few times and while it might have been worse than the 680 book I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the material. Does anyone have any somewhat last minute tips or things they'd recommend I check out? I looked through the sticky but I wasn't sure how up to date that was since the 685 doesn't seem to be an overly popular test. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ThePCwizThePCwiz Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cascasder -

I just passed the exam this weekend and by a very slim margin. Know Group Policy and basic functions of GP. BranchCache is about 6-8 q on my exam. DirectAccess - know how it works and what is needed. Know the server roles and how they function in the network
    This is my input
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! I did quite well on the 680 and there is some material overlap but I'll take all the help I can get. I'm hoping I'll be a MCITP after the 22nd :)
  • Options
    HeavyHorseHeavyHorse Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should look to do the 70-686 as this will provide you with an upgrade route to MCSA Windows Server 2012
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think learning some key networking components would be a good move but doing N+ just to ramp up for the 685 seems a bit extreme. I would recommend sticking to what your boss wants first and foremost. So often people including myself set huge goals only to achieve part of them
  • Options
    I considered taking the 686 instead of the 685 but the 685 is much more in line with my current role. I have a solid understanding of networking terms and functionality but once I'm done with these Microsoft certs I hope to delve into that more. I'm going to take the advice so far and also spend some extra time on BitLocker and we'll see how things go! :)
  • Options
    It was a close one but I passed with a 733! Perhaps doing so well on the 70-680 made me a bit confident (925) but I'm thrilled to have passed it on my first shot :)

Some of the questions were tricky and the answers were incredibly specific but the little report helps me with where I still need to spend some time and I'll go from here.

Also nice that I got the MCITP and the MCSA! I wasn't sure about how that was going to work haha