I start my new Job Next week.

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I got a Help Desk job at a small but growing Telecommunications company and I start next week. I interviewed very well and they really liked my resume. The pay is not that great but after one year there is room for improvement on that front. The schedule allows me to to continue taking cisco classes at my local community college and I am very happy for that.

In the mean time I have been prepping to take my CCENT test 100-101 and I have also been taking Excel classes on Udemy.com. When I was interviewed for this Technical position I was asked specifically if I had any Excel experience and I am glad I do. The classes at Udemy.com are really helping me get my Excel skills more in focus.

I am looking forward to to moving up in this Organization and expanding my skill set.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Congratulations. The job market in this area can be tough. Glad you found something.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Contrats and good luck! Norristown, your about 20 minutes from me!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the new gig!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all, It could not have come at a better time as my unemployment will be ending soon. I cannot believe it has taken me six months to get a job! And trust me I am not one of these lazy ass$$%%^& who like to sit on unemployment. I am very happy that I found a job. I know once I pass my CCENT and get my CCNA in the future things will be better.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino