Options

Do you work in Unified Communications?

tidyguytidyguy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi allHaving recently gained my CCENT, I have been looking for jobs along the networking line. To cut a long story short, I have landed myself a second interview at a large company for a unified comms support role who use Avaya (typical!)I have basic knowledge of UC, but does anyone here support UC on daily basis? What sort of technologies do you look after? Avaya?What should I expect from a UC support role?Many thanks in advance for any of your insights.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends on what the company uses, but you'll most likely be supporting VoIP, voice mail, messaging, video conferencing etc. Get ready for call/video quality issues, missing VMs etc.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I just landed a role not long ago for the same type of position, and I'd highly suggest prepping how best to sell yourself, rather than prepping to answer questions you won't be able to answer in depth if you haven't actually worked in VoIP.

My two interviewers established right off the bat I couldn't answer real world VoIP troubleshooting questions, and was told I got the job offer based on my examples of continuing my education and understanding of technology on my own time.

And if you got a second interview, they most likely know you don't have the experience and are interested in seeing if you are the right personality to train into the role, so be as personable as you can! Good luck!!
  • Options
    tidyguytidyguy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Superb comments, thanks guys!