Options

Resume Critique / Career Booster Help!

PhoenixDudePhoenixDude Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some input on my resume, as well as education advice.

1) Resume: I'm mainly concerned about having too much information, and how to condense / word it properly. Clarification, etc. With the formatting I'm using in MS Word, this is currently at 1.5 pages. Everyone seems to have some great ideas about resumes, so I figured I'd give it a shot!

2) My end goal is to move into security in some form or fashion. I currently have NO certs or formal education in IT, and am only 21, so I'm still trying to formulate the best way to do so before jumping in. I'm currently looking at the Security+ as my first cert, since I've been told I'm way past the A+ stage. I've Any info / guidance would be appreciated!

=================================================================================

Systems Administrator / Information Technology Analyst

Dynamic leader and customer-focused technical professional with a history of outstanding work ethic supporting senior executives, worldwide domains, and fast-paced production environments. Civic-minded with a solid background of community service efforts to compliment primary skill sets.

Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/NT, Windows Server 2012/08/03, Linux CentOS / Ubuntu
IT Management: Active Directory, Exchange, VMware vSphere, Kaseya, WhatsUpGold, Spiceworks
Telecommunications: iOS / Android support, device / SIM provisioning, VoIP, account management
Desktop Support: problem analysis / troubleshooting, hardware maintenance, image deployment

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Acme Brick Corporation – Chicago, Illinois
Leading worldwide provider of brick building solutions with $500M in revenue; responsible for a diverse set of technical functions within rapidly expanding bulk brick transportation engineering division
Systems Administrator, March 11, 2013 – Present- Responsible for help desk support and workstation maintenance for 100+ Windows / Linux users
- Reduced help desk ticket completion time by 50% within three-site, international business division
- Administers Active Directory / Exchange environment, storage quotas, and server patching / backup
- Maintains on-call status supporting 400+ users and 100+ servers at eleven sites across the globe
- Monitors performance of LAN / WAN resources, mitigates threats, and supports disaster recovery
- Manages multiple cellular accounts, VoIP portal, and provides device support for 400+ users
- Performs applications management for a diverse set of engineering / change management suites
- Works directly with VPs / directors to implement quality IT solutions across all corporate departments
- Develops custom system images for multiple business functions and maintains updated library
- Creates, fills, and tracks purchase requisitions; coordinates with corporate finance as necessary

Those Two Guys, Inc. – Seattle, WA
Consumer goods company selling random, everyday products to department stores; oversaw technical support efforts for daily operations and the successful expansion of coast-to-coast production efforts
IT Support Analyst, October 24, 2011 – March 7, 2013
- Primary help desk and maintenance technician for all user workstations and production systems
- Maintained business-to-consumer (B2C) eCommerce website and merchant services portal
- Monitored and administered video surveillance and physical access control systems
- Managed refund issuance and credit transaction error resolution for US-based customers

Dunder-Mifflin Consulting – Miami, FL
Information technology consulting firm with a diverse client base in the Miami-Dade metropolitan area; performed dual-hat role supporting numerous clients, as well as internal corporate infrastructure
Desktop Support Technician (Contract), January 31 2011 – October 21, 2011
- Performed administration and break / fix maintenance on desktops, laptops, and printers
- Served as on-site technical support and field response technician for numerous clients
- Coordinated with vendors and service contractors for corporate and client support / projects

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE

Volunteer Humanitarian Group – Brownsville, TX
Non-profit organization dedicated to humanitarian aid, emergency services, and youth leadership
Program Founder / Director, October 2004 – June 2013
- Driving force behind the implementation of a school-based Volunteer Group unit
- Developed and delivered initial proposal, successfully securing school board approval
- Responsible for oversight of startup processes and cross-organizational liaison
- Created and installed unit operating protocols and comprehensive member training
- Served as first unit director, responsible for training and wellness of 30+ youth members
- Mentored youth members in leadership theory, management styles, and interview tactics
IT / Communications Officer, October 2008
– June 2013
- Served as unit Information Technology Officer, responsible for all IT planning and support
- Created new web presence and maintained website within strict US government (.gov) standards
- Maintained radio operator status in support of local, state, and federal humanitarian-relief missions
- Promoted participation in radio operations and kept members informed of available opportunities

EDUCATION

Anytown Community College, September 2010 – Present
30.0 General Education Credits (in progress)

Valhalla High School, June 2010
High School Diploma