Options

Resume critque

TerrieTerrie Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know the format is slightly different, but that's because I'm a career changer. Any input would be helpful. I'm mainly looking for advice on how I can show how my previous work experience applies. Long term, I'm thinking database admin., but at this point, I'm just looking for something entry level, such as desktop support.

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First make it one page. Use 5 years once not in three different spots. Put customer service at the end of your qualifications not the beginning. Make a certification section and maybe a skills section. And take off pursuing N+ and S+. If you change qualifications to summary you can add the N+ and S+ in that section.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll make those changes,
  • Options
    Also, to reduce it to one page, but any suggestions on what to cut to get it down to that size?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Easy:
    -Put your contact information in the header
    -Reduce the white space (before and after spacing in Word)
    -Redo the job descriptions to be all bullet points and use only relevant & poignant items relating to the job you are applying for

Also on an aside, typically I would not say 'Pursuing x cert'. Until you have completed the objective, do not list it; this can be discussed in the interview phase.