Options

Which domain was most difficult for you?

botcitybotcity Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I recently started studying for the CISSP this past week and I'm just trying to get a feel for what's in store for me (studying-wise). I found the 'Access Control' domain fairly simple and now I'm flying through the 'Telco and Networking' domain. I work in telco so it's coming to me easily.

I'm just wondering what have been the most intense and difficult domains for everyone else and why.

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say probably Sec. Architecture and Crypto
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Crypto by its very nature is generally the hardest to keep straight in your head. Even when you work with it on a weekly basis of some sort it can be difficult to keep straight. Best way I found was to remember the outliers, for example: Symmetric is almost always machine to machine based.

Security Architecture isn't too bad if you draw it out on Visio, OSI next to TCP/IP stacks with references to each routers at layer three, etc. Goes by much faster that way so that wasn't problem. I think I still have a really good mind map on this stuffed in a Visio folder on my personal machine. Will look for it this weekend to share. Makes a lot of architecture so simple its difficult.

Laws and regulations much the same but don't remember getting to specific down to the Title and section stuff but heard complaints about that domain as well.

The rest is still an inch deep and just needs to be compartmentalized appropriately.

- B Eads
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Oye, Security Architecture and Design was the one I was least familiar with and it took forever for me to wrap my head around it.
    TSEC levels made me cringe too.
    Can't talk those practice questions at cccure.org up enough, they were worth the few bucks I invested. Check them out as your studying progresses if you haven't yet!
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    For me it was Crypto and Legal.
  • Options
    botcitybotcity Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome. Thanks guys! I think I'm going to try and hit the low lying fruit first then hit Crypto and Sec. Arch. at the end. I have a feeling crypto will take up most of my time but I have a small bit of experience from public CTF challenges. I don't think that's gonna cut it though. Lol.

I got the full CCCure practice exams today. They are NICE! Thanks again.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @Botcity

Try this site for MindMaps: CISSP | MindCert.com - Mind Mapping for Certifications - Cisco CCIE CISSP CEH

These work for me as I am a visual thinker rather than a straight linear thinker. icon_profileleft.gif

- B Eads
  • Options
    Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Crypto for sure...!!!..... but it worked out for the best
  • Options
    twentytwentytwentytwenty Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I find architecture rather difficult....