Options

Database or Server 2012

CrumpetCrumpet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys advice please. About to start on a new track, but don't know whether to go down the SQL or Server 2012 route either 70-461 or 70-410. What would be best, I've got experience of both so either would be good, but thinking from a future career / salary point of view? Any advise greatly received however biased it may be :)

Comments

• Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    From my limited perspective, I would suggest doing the SQL route. I say that because I've done 3 generations of MS server certs (so I'm committed yes) but I tend to read/hear that database admins generally make better $ than server admins. The job might not be glamorous though......
  • Options
    CrumpetCrumpet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. Lack of glamour, I think I can live with that, have done for the last x years :)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would think the one you have the most experience in I would go for. If you are most server admin then I would go with that if you are most in the MS SQL world I would go with that. Just my two cents. Oh of course whatever you have more interest in.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    If both are areas of interest to you then go for both! Honestly there are some pretty neat positions that involve both Systems Administration/Engineering and database work.

My current position very much combines both and is a blast! When hiring for other shifts we've come to find very few people have a skill set that contains both of these elements.