Options

To Everyone That's Taken The Hardware Test

Teedubyah2005Teedubyah2005 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
To everyone that's taken the Hardware exam, is it fair to say that the exam focuses mainly on printers and networking? Ive been browsing the various topics and those two topics seem to be the most talked about. I'm currently using Testout Sim to study for the exam, and I feel that I'm learning a lot but I guess I wont really know until I take the test. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SemyazaSemyaza Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My test seemed to focus on those areas but 'focus' is like 10-15 questions on the test. It just seemed heavy on those questions because it only asked 1-2 about every other area. So while studying it is of course suggested I would not dwell on it and make sure to cover everything I could as you don't know where those 1-2 questions will come from from a section. Thats the danger of the test I would say is the fact that its so short, it makes you study something huge then ask 1 question or maybe 2 and that represents wether you studied that chunk of the test or not.
    A+ Core, Working on A+ OS.
  • Options
    Teedubyah2005Teedubyah2005 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Semyaza wrote:
    My test seemed to focus on those areas but 'focus' is like 10-15 questions on the test. It just seemed heavy on those questions because it only asked 1-2 about every other area. So while studying it is of course suggested I would not dwell on it and make sure to cover everything I could as you don't know where those 1-2 questions will come from from a section. Thats the danger of the test I would say is the fact that its so short, it makes you study something huge then ask 1 question or maybe 2 and that represents wether you studied that chunk of the test or not.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize there would only be 1-2 questions from every other area. I was debating if I should study all the different IRQs and the different DB connections, but I guess I'll have to because those may be one of the 1-2 questions. Anyway, thanks for the response