Options

Tips for learning/remembering CPUs and their sockets?

Fumbles88Fumbles88 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm basically all done and dusted with my A+ study, in preparation for my exams. The one thing I have been consistently having trouble with is remember which CPUs go with which socket, no matter how much time I spend trying to make it stick (Over a month now and I'm still missing bits).

I'm wondering if anyone has found any kind of learning or memory tool that will help such as Mnemonics etc?

Cheers for your time!

Comments

• Options
    cjlomeli85cjlomeli85 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also studying for my A+ and also having issues with remembering the sockets and ports.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    While studying for my A+, I had issues remembering CPU with sockets, RAM, and connections with their speed. What I did to drill those into my brain is create a VCE file for that information. It may be silly, but you may be surprised how effective it can be. I have created "drag and drops" or "point to point" with VCE designer and then tested myself with VCE manager. Most people use flashcards or writing down stuff countless times to remember such details. I've designed VCEs to make it easier for me to retain certification topics, school studies (like biology terms), and friends' birthdays.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.