Options

Looking for a solution to capture data through email.

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
If you wanted to reach companies via email and wanted to collect data/information how would you go about it? I know within Outlook you can build forms which can capture data to access when it returns to your inbox. Do you think a hyperlink in an email message that brings up a webpage/form for data collection would be the best way to perform this? I am trying to come up with efficient ways to keep our data from aging and I think automating through a collection solution would do this. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    on your cisco switches or nexus you can set up a monitor session and span it to an interface. Then you can send it to a span aggregator, set the span session their to a data collector. You can monitor VLANS and interfaces that can be sent to the data collector.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @inscom - that's all quite true but I'm not sure that's what N2IT was asking about - icon_lol.gif

@N2IT - are you referring to tracking a response from a questionnaire that is sent via email? Asking the recipient to click through a hyperlink to a webpage is the most conventional method. Although, if you are sending those emails to recipients who are security conscious, your emails could end up being flagged as spam and ignored - or at worst - blacklisted by the recipient organization.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ Paul correct questionnaires. Thanks for the follow up I appreciate it!
  • Options
    BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    An old trick was to embed hyperlinked images and then monitor logs. Most antispam providers flag this now. And client software often blocks such too.
    dulce bellum inexpertis