Options

Finding Internships

stiigmaticstiigmatic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i'm fairly new here and i wanted to ask what are some ways to gain internships in the IT field. Are there any side options that i may benefit. I know learning a programming language can be helpful. Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    I've found that a lot of companies don't necessarily have an intern procedure, so they might not be actively looking for one. However, if you get in contact with them and ask, there's a chance they'd be accepting of that.

As for languages, I think everyone should be comfortable or at least pretty familiar with one or more scripting languages. That enables people to think of how to solve problems logistically and regularly. BASH works really well for me. I'm not an expert by any means, but I can get a lot of quick and dirty things done. Python is probably more the community accepted one and would work really well considering the potential it has.
  • Options
    stiigmaticstiigmatic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the information, it was really helpful lately i been using Code Academy to become more familiar with an html and css, next will be javascript then python.
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are a student, you might want to ask your advisor or instructors. They usually have contacts in the field and can point you in the right direction.