Options

Macro Help

gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
Is anyone here good with Excel macros? I'm a complete noob and I need to create a set of macros that basically filters column data. An example is I have a column named Created By. I would want to create a macro of Ctrl+a that filters a group of names and returns those results. Ctrl+B would return a different grouping. I'm using Excel 2013 but this will be applied in Excel 2007/2010 also.

Any thoughts?
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    These filters you talk about are they hard coded into one certain value or are they dynamic and ever changing. Do you want this just to filter on the same sheet that has the data or do you want the results to save into a different excel sheet. You could use the macro recorder and select your criteria end the recording session and save it with the shortcut control A or whatever shortcut you want to create. Honestly the approach here depends on how many different values you will have and how you want the output to be presented.