Options

EXIM4 mail to script

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

I was hoping some one could help me. I want to set up a EXIM to forward all emails sent to a domain to a script on the server.

now I know I should be able to do this with a aliases entry such as

*@devilwah.com: |/var/tmp/script/php

although for some reason I don't see the script running so not sure it is working correctly. even though I see the mail get added in

You have new mail in /var/mail/pi

(yep running on a raspberry :) )

but more importantly I want all emails to "devilwah.com" to go to the script even if no user exists. at the moment I get an unmountable error if I try to send to a non existence user.

Can any one help me set up the redirect to script for an entire domain. I want people to be able to pass information to the script usign the format of the address. for example 01234567891@sms.devilwah.com I would use the sms.devilwah.com to determin what script to use and the number would be a varible to extract.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.