Options

Passed 70-680 today - finally after 2nd attempt

dparisutdparisut Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the 70-680 today.

After I walked out to the parking lot I called my wife to tell her Halle-Frick'n-lujah I made it. My big wish is that I could have done this without the pressure of having my back against the wall on time and money. This was my second time at it and I was stressed. I'm going to WGU and this was the very last day I could take this exam and still have it count toward this semester, not to mention I'd lose my tuition reimbursement from work. Nothing like taking right down to the wire.

I focused a lot of my prep time on Networking, PowerShell, Command line, BranchCache and DirectAccess and neglected configuring hardware and resources. Figured I was safe with those. And they almost cost me. I should've been just a little more balanced in my approach I would've had a better score.

I wish I could see what I missed. The test had typos, some questions were beyond vague, and I'm sorry but how many machines out there use floppy drives anymore with Win7. Ugghhhhhhh

Well this one is over.

Cheers and good luck to anyone else taking this exam soon.

Comments

• Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats man. on this one
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Congratulations! I feel for you on the test, the ones with the typo's were probably future test questions that they were vetting. I had a question say there would be 3 parts, but only 2 showed up on the screen.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. Can I ask how many questions were on the exam? I know it used to be 45 back in 09-ish, but I hear it's been upped to anywhere from 65-80 questions now. Just curious - thanks!
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63