Options

Exam Scheduled 12/18

j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
Hi All,

I have finally scheduled my exam. My studies have been going well, consistently scoring about an 80% on the CCCure.org questions. I think by the time the test comes along I should be scoring 85%+. In addition to the CCCure.org questions I bought the AIO Shon Harris practice questions book, and now I am a bit concerned how much easier the CCCure.org questions are. Last night I took 1 domain of questions and scored about a 50%. Has anyone else used this book? The questions seem so brutal. If the actual test is closer to this I'm gonna have to ramp up my study time.

I used the following to study:
  • Conrad Study Guide 2nd E.
  • Conrad 11th Hour 2nd E.
  • CCCure.org Practice questions
  • The Sunflower PDF
  • InfoSec Institute Bootcamp videos (also various other youtube videos)
  • AIO Study Guide (Chapter Summaries Only)
  • AIO Practice Questions Book

Comments

• Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you have been studying up the CCCure wrong questions and not doing the CCCure questions until your body knew whats the answer because you do it so often, then there is a good chance you can pass the exam. If you are worried, you can attempt to get yourself a GIAC GISP practice test for 150 USD, having done GISP and CCCure I will say GISP is very close to CISSP in some ways in terms of scenerio base question while CCCure is good to training the mind to select the 'best' answer. CISSP itself have scenerio base question with very obscure answers so no practice test can help you with that.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your test! I'm sure you'll knock it out so long as you keep up your efforts and focus!

I studied up on one domain using one book and figured I'd test what I studied against the Shon Harris AIO Practice Questions...I had to make sure I was in the right chapters! I agree with you - the questions seemed way more in depth and covered material that the other book didn't seem to. I'm just going to bite the bullet and read the AIO as well.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Shon Harris 2nd ed Practice book. I thought it was terrible. My opinion of course.
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will continue with the CCCure.org questions and lightly suppliment with the Shon Harris practice book. I want to be as prepared as possible.

As of now I am focusing on testing each domain separately until I am scoring at least 85%. Then I will move onto full exams.

For anyone taking the test soon I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    nk5knk5k Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you get the GIAC GISP practice test? I tried to locate but no luck?
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    ...you can attempt to get yourself a GIAC GISP practice test for 150 USD...
    Would you mind providing a link where this practice test can be purchased?
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    You get two GIAC practice exams when you purchase the GIAC certification exam itself.
  • Options
    Update:

I've hit the mark of 85+% on the cccure.org questions. I have been taking 100 and 200 question exams and I am feeling pretty confident at the moment. There are definitely some areas I will keep studying before I take the test next week. So far I have done a total of 2500 questions on cccure.

I scrapped the Shon Harris Practice question book.... I really didn't find it useful in ingraining the necessary information into my head.
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Petrov,
    I am taking the exam one day after you (19 Dec 2013). I am averaging the same on cccure. A total of 3398 questions answered so far. I am only reviewing the AIO end of chapter summaries and answering questions as well. I agree that AIO is not concise enough to grasp the concept, especially at this stage (near exam day). I am more concentrating on reviewing each incorrectly answered question on cccure and revisiting each domain's cornerstone concepts.

Good luck on your final preps.
  • Options
    hylaab wrote: »
    Petrov,
    I am taking the exam one day after you (19 Dec 2013). I am averaging the same on cccure. A total of 3398 questions answered so far. I am only reviewing the AIO end of chapter summaries and answering questions as well. I agree that AIO is not concise enough to grasp the concept, especially at this stage (near exam day). I am more concentrating on reviewing each incorrectly answered question on cccure and revisiting each domain's cornerstone concepts.

Good luck on your final preps.

Good luck to you too. I hope xmas comes early this year :)
  • Options
    sunrisersunriser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Petrov, how was the exam...any success...!!! could you please answer following questions: 1) Are their any similar questions you found in exam related to any of the practice material like total tester, studiscope, cccure or transender ? 2) which domain of question you struggled a lot in exam ? 3) Are the questions one liner or paragraph ? 4) would you like to advise on the method/strategy you choose to answer the questions in exam.
  • Options
    mister704mister704 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sunriser wrote: »
    Hi Petrov, how was the exam...any success...!!! could you please answer following questions: 1) Are their any similar questions you found in exam related to any of the practice material like total tester, studiscope, cccure or transender ? 2) which domain of question you struggled a lot in exam ? 3) Are the questions one liner or paragraph ? 4) would you like to advise on the method/strategy you choose to answer the questions in exam.

I would suggest not asking the same question on multiple threads(especially ones folks are not supposed to answer). Bad way to start your time here on techexams.
  • Options
    tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
  • Options
    awais1116@hotmail.comawais1116@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz... So any Tips?