Last Minute Help - Dec 3rd CISSP

etowery22etowery22 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I have my CISSP exam scheduled for Dec 3rd and have been studying for about 4 months.

Materials:
Shon Harris all in one (didn't like it)
Eric Connrad CISSP study guide (really enjoyed it)
Eric Connrad 11th Hour (been through it once and hit it again)
Online Training Videos (really helped me out)
Made notes from all the above to my own study guide
cccure.org paid subscription.

My question is this... I have been through all the practice questions from CCcure and Eric Connrad (including on his site, the 2x250 questions) and I have found that the CCcure questions are much older. The references are sub 2005, and some of it is not even found in the Connrad books and test questions. I test on CCcure and I do alright (75-80% range), but I nail the Connrad practice questions easy.

I have a good solid understanding of the material but I am worried because I am not testing the best on the cccure questions. Think I am in good shape?

Thanks for your time and wish me luck!

Comments

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    there is a mix of scenerio base question, obscure choice question and straight from the book question. If you are doing 80% on cccure via studying then your about 65% prepared for the exam. The other 35% comes from your critical thinking skills which i found the closest practice came from GISP, and its quite a sum to buy. While taking the exam always ask yourself whats the best choice or best choronogical choice among or the bad answers. Good luck.
  • Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly the best advice I can give you is to just go for it. Be confident going in and stay calm. When I took mine I noticed that none of my prep questions were anything like the exam. You have used much of the same material I did minus I traded shon Harris book for the official guide. Brush up on your particulars for the next few days.. Don't worry about questions just fill in your gaps and you will be fine.
  • etowery22etowery22 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your responses. That makes me feel a little better about it. Also sounds like something you just have to experience to get a full understanding of the exam. Any last minute advice? I am just reading the 11th hour and doing questions. If I miss them, I'm trying to read up as why I missed them. Also hitting the few hard domains again like networking and application security.
  • Kamat2000Kamat2000 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I recommend the SANS CISSP webcast. Doesn't seem to be working right now but you may want to hit it later: http://www.sans.org/webcasts/successful-passing-cissp-95594
    T minus 1 hour 15 minutes and extremely nervous because not knowing what to expect sucks!
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Good luck!

And take a break. Freaking out won't do any good to you.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope you come back to this thread with good news!
    I unfortunately did not pass. The test is not what I was expecting. It was not hard but very manager based. I went into it very technical based. I scored 650. So close but I know where to study. Thanks everyone.
  • abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that but don't give up and remember that you can achieve it.
    etowery22 wrote: »
    I unfortunately did not pass. The test is not what I was expecting. It was not hard but very manager based. I went into it very technical based. I scored 650. So close but I know where to study. Thanks everyone.

Ah icon_sad.gif

Don't give up.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am curious to know where/how did you get the impression that it was more technical. Almost every tidbit out there about the CISSP correctly says to look at it through the prism of a manager.
  • nk5knk5k Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that, I didn't pass it twice and still working on it. I studied exactly the same materials and can' find any additional materials. I am hoping to pass this time, don't give up.
    What I mean by technical is focused hard on the ins abd outs of telecommunications osi and tcpip models protocols at each Layer. Crypto and application security, and the test I received was heavy in bcp. Which I didn't study as hard as the other "main domains".
    Well, at least now you know for next time. To pass this exam you need to be well rounded in all areas. They don't ask you to be an expert but just to understand the concepts.
    I will attempt this again in a few weeks with reading in my weaker areas then attempt again soon. Since the test is changing Jan 1. I would like to get it completed before the change.
    Thank you for all the positive thoughts and advice!
    I don't think you will be able to take it until a period of 30 days have passed.
    You are correct. My mistake.
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    etowery22 wrote: »

i am really sorry, people that don't pass make me feel really bad...
    i am planning for my test in a few weeks. so what is your plan now. any feedback is really welcome.
  • ash.murash.mur Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dnt give up etowerry22 , i have scored 696 in my 1st attempt and preparing to give it in sometime in jan. Regarding new format - dont worry , as ISC2 has said , the new type of Drop & place questions will not eat your time , it will be well placed within time.

My suggestion is - this time you prepare thouroughly and then take exam- all the best of luck