Options

Last Question for a while and then I'll start answering questions

ReliableGuy2.0ReliableGuy2.0 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is an important to me. I am taking classes at Prince George's Community College to save money. I am information science trying to go into information security directly after I get enough credits. So next summer 2014, I'll be looking for an internship to start me over into information security. I am trying to go into the business/financial services area so what type of certification to I need to get an internship. Don't worry, I already have the companies ready (Raytheon, DWC) Do I need Info Sec, Security +, A+, Network, or CNNA, to start/what type of classes do I already to have taken in order for me to get closer to an internship. Be specific.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As I learned in my Systems Analysis class.... "IT depends".

Companies are looking for different certifications and experience along with skill sets. Some internships for security that I've seen don't have a certification requirement but a requirement in programming. Or certifications and no programming. The internships that I've also seen take people at the Junior level of university. But again... "IT depends" on the company.
    It's really difficult to be specific because there are different requirements for different positions.

Have you looked at the lower level security positions that Raytheon and DWC have?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****