Options

packet tracer eigrp cannot disable split horizon

GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
i have a packet tracer lab where i have created a network using frame relay and use eigrp as the routing protocol.
im having a problem trying to propagate routes because split horizon is enable, i have issued the command no split-horizon eigrp 100 on the interface and when i do a show run it show the following,

!
interface Serial3/0
no ip address
encapsulation frame-relay
!
interface Serial3/0.1 point-to-point
bandwidth 64
ip address 13.0.0.1 255.255.255.252
no ip split-horizon <-- "EIGRP 100" is missing
frame-relay interface-dlci 105
!

on the int it show that split horizon is disable, but when i do show ip int s3/0.1 it show this

Serial3/0.1 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
Internet address is 13.0.0.1/30
Broadcast address is 255.255.255.255
Address determined by setup command
MTU is 1500
Helper address is not set
Directed broadcast forwarding is disabled
Outgoing access list is not set
Inbound access list is not set
Proxy ARP is enabled
Security level is default
Split horizon is enabled <--
ICMP redirects are always sent

it show that is enable, i cannot disable it. have i reach the limit of packet tracer?? Can anyone help me????

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Perhaps this is because of where I am at with my studies, but I don't understand why you would want to eliminate a loop prevention mechanism.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Perhaps this is because of where I am at with my studies, but I don't understand why you would want to eliminate a loop prevention mechanism.

It's to receive routes from spokes in NBMA hub and spoke topologies. It is mostly used in DMVPN's deployments.
    Packet tracer does not support every command. Use GNS3.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lets see if i can explain this properly.
    Split-horizon prevent loops by not allowing routers to send updates on the same interface they receive the update from.
    On multipoint frame-relay networks, where you have only one interface using more than one DLCI to map to other routes, the router need to use the same interface to send and receive the routing updates. therefore, disable split-horizon.
    If im wrong please someone correct me.