Options

In process of studying for FIREWALL

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
Greetings all,

I decided to start the CCNP Security path with the Firewall exam because it coincided directly with me working with and configuring multiple ASAs at work. One of them is a non-production ASA so I am able to poke around and look at all the ASDM options at will which is a great benefit to have. I will hop onto a SSH session on it to poke around exclusively through the CLI which I find I prefer at times.

So far I've gone through the Official cert guide once, but I tend to go through them multiple times. I've gone through most of Keith Barker's CBT nuggets but today I thought I would try out Michael Shannon's vids for the previous version of FIREWALL and I really have to say that I am enjoying his vids a lot. He goes over the different ASA models and SSMs while that was hardly mentioned in the Keith Barker vids, and it is something that is on the exam outline. Even though the Shannon ones cover ASA 8.2 for the exam, they are really useful for the general concepts and more.

I think the main concern for me is the amount of detail that exists in this exam, but I had the same feeling in CCNA security so I think it's part of the security track. Good luck to all taking exams soon.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University