Options

Passed 70-680 =)

IceBlackIceIceBlackIce Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,
Started lurking on these boards a couple of months back to start preparing for the MCSA : Windows 7

Today I made my first step to it passing 70-680, just wanted to thank all the valuable info in here that helped me achieve this goal.

This is my first Microsoft certification, I went to the MCP site and it tells me that:

" New MCP / First-time user to this site / You just received your Welcome email
To gain access to the member site, you must associate your Microsoft Certification ID (MC ID) with your Microsoft account. This is the only time you will be asked to associate these two accounts, as long as you continue to use the same Microsoft account to access the member site."

How long does this take to happen ? I assume Prometric must send the exam results to Microsoft and all that, then I will get that email ?

Comments

• Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    When you receive your email it should have a link to login. You will need a Microsoft account of course. Once you login it will ask you for your information from prometric. This should be printed at the top of your test results or found in your prometric user information. Once you put that in, it's instant.

Oh and Great job on the pass. It's definitely not an easy test.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    finneyjabrahamfinneyjabraham Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job on passing this. I'm looking into writing this exam at the end of the week.
    Finney Abraham

2014 Goal
    WGU BS-Network Administration [ ]
    CCNA [X] CCDA [ ] MCSA [X] Project+ [X] Storage+ [ ]
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Great job! icon_cheers.gif Are you planning on taking the 685 or 686?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. I am curious what material you used for study? I am currently studying for 70-680 as well, I am using testout/labsim for main study material. I plan to take the exam at end of Dec or beginning of Jan 2014.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    IceBlackIceIceBlackIce Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im going on the 70-685 path...it makes more sense in the line of work Im doing atm, I can see the appeal of with only 1 more exam getting the MCSA 2012, but I know my way around servers good enough to make it work on the job, but not to take a 3 exams crammed into 1 at this point. I need more hands on experience and formal study to pass those exams, so my plan is to get the MCSA 2008 and then upgrade to the 2012 after.

Regarding study material, I used some notes in here ( be careful, some have wrong information ), I used the CBT and Trainsignal videos, I didnt go through all the videos or the full content, but If I had to pick I would choose CBT. I did watch some Messer videos as well.
    Finally I went over the official Microsoft book, the edition that I had had tons of typos in there so be careful.

Good luck for you guys, is not an easy one.