Studying with an iPad, or any other tablet

CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

So Christmas is coming up real fast and I'm very tempted to buy myself an iPad Air, mainly for the use of taking it with me and studying through the rest of my CCNP.

Just want to know if anyone else is currently using a tablet to study? Is it worth spending the money? Either way, I'm sure I'll have fun with the iPad, but a big part of me buying it will be for studying on the go.

Cheers!
cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I keep all my PDFs in GoodReader, and all my videos in OPlayer. Great for the hour train rides to work and easy access to stuff quickly. If you have to travel to work or are on a train or bus for any extended period of time, can't recommend them enough.
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    I keep all my PDFs in GoodReader, and all my videos in OPlayer. Great for the hour train rides to work and easy access to stuff quickly. If you have to travel to work or are on a train or bus for any extended period of time, can't recommend them enough.

Awesome! Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Now we just need a tablet version of GNS3 and it will be GG, ha ha. :)

Thanks'.
    ---

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use a Nook HD+. The main reason is that I can load a micro-SD card with books, videos, and anything else I need and swap out, when the need arises. If you get an iPad Air with sufficient memory you will be very pleased with it. It will make for a very nice tool.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Cingular wrote: »
    Now we just need a tablet version of GNS3 and it will be GG, ha ha. :)

Just installed it on my Asus T100, works great. Also runs Eclipse and NetBeans with no issue. Great lil computer. Includes keyboard dock and MS Office for under $400.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Tablets are great for study, I have both Ipad2 and nexus7. Id suggest adding the app Brainwave as well. Great white noise generator that actually helps you retain the information that you study. The thunderstorms and rain works great.
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    Just installed it on my Asus T100, works great. Also runs Eclipse and NetBeans with no issue. Great lil computer. Includes keyboard dock and MS Office for under $400.

Oh that's awesome. Nice work, and so cheap too as opposed to an iPad.

Bokeh wrote: »
    Tablets are great for study, I have both Ipad2 and nexus7. Id suggest adding the app Brainwave as well. Great white noise generator that actually helps you retain the information that you study. The thunderstorms and rain works great.

True, you must have heard of Rainy Mood then, ha ha. Cheers for the tip!
    ---

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Upgraded my Nexus to the new model this week, very pleased with it! Love it for streaming videos and reading ebooks.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I always used GoodReader for the longest but it is way past due for an iOS 7 update. It crashes a lot for very large PDF files. The developer keeps posting "it's coming" updates on their Facebook and Twitter but I haven't seen an update in a while.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I'm still on iOS 5 with my gen1 iPad. lolz
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I use my Nexus 7 for nearly all of my reading. I use the Kindle and Nook apps. And for any ebooks that I buy in pdf format, I just keep on Skydrive. I do this because I like to make highlights and notes in the ebooks, and this way my changes get synced across all of my devices (desktop, laptop, phone, tablet).
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I use last year's Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch for studying and i love it
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark