Options

Securing Cisco Networks with Threat Detection and Analysis (SCYBER)

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    For these obscure specialization exams the course material is usually the only material. They also usually aren't very useful career wise outside of partner channels so unless you are working for a partner that specifically requires this (and in that case you'd have access to the material as well) your effort is probably better spent elsewhere.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Normally i'd agree, but this seems exceptional:

Packet Analysis
    Network Log Analysis
    Understanding NetFlow

The course uses software such as Lancope, Splunk, OSSIM, and Observium to simulate
    some of the most current cyber security threats on the lab equipment. For example, in the
    module “Investigating Security Threats,” you will perform the initial configuration of
    NetFlow, followed by interpreting the traffic in the NetFlow environment. Similarly, you will
    configure SNMP monitoring to work with the Observium software.

Highly unusual for a cisco (or any vendor) to have third party software in a course, while i'm sure Cisco equipment will be used in the course, it doesnt seem to be cisco focused. Seems like a decent course for a Jr. Network Intrusion Analyst.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm not saying the specialization certs do not cover valuable info, just that they are not going to do much for you career wise.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I couldn't care less about the cert, but that course sounds like 5 days of pure fun.
  • Options
    PearlOfJesusPearlOfJesus Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you plan to take it ?
    Can you share materials you used if yes please ?

Thanks