Certification Kits note

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I was just reading the CertificationKits ASA lab guide/study guide and honestly, I like it. Its straight to the point and looks like a good supplement to your ASA studies. I have to assume that their other guides are of similar quality. For negatives, they use the locked ebooks, so i'm sure it wont be easy to use on multiple devices. But its something to consider.

Comments

• EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you referring to the Certification Kit site advertised on TE? (Cisco Certification Kits: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used and new router sand switches.) I always wondered what their content was like since im thinking of picking up their CCNA:security kit.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes, their kits are over priced undoubtedly, however their lab suggestions are good, and based on what i've seen their lab guides/study guides are probably decent as well. If anything, buy your equipment off ebay based on the recommendations and get the extras separately.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Disclaimer: I do have a slight affiliation with them via a project that we are both involved in. But there is a ton of good reading on that site. And you could definitely do worse buying prebuilt kits on eBay. Such as a few bundles my company has sold to clear out old equipment. icon_cool.gif
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good to know... I have always wondered about the labs that I noticed on their promotions. I may pick up a kit to try out.
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with them :)

@alan2308 - I agree that ebay can be a bit hit and miss. My previous company also offloaded some 'questionable' cisco gear on there and I would have hated to be the buyer. I'm sure it's worth a little extra $$ to not have to worry about the hassle of dealing with any problems and taking time away from the end goal....studying.

@SephStorm - thanks for the info about the study & lab guides. I will definitely need extra material when I get around to CCNA in WGU.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yea, but it goes both ways on there. We had a buyer raise a dispute because the 2600 that she bought for $20 didn't come with any modules so it was non-functional. LOL
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Google Calibre. A good application for E-book management. Would allow you to unlock them for moving to another device. Just be sure to delete them once your rental is over.