Anti-Virus

tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
What anti-virus are you using for your companies PC's? I currently have AVG on all and the contract just expired. Trying to convince my higher ups to let me remove it and go with SCCM end point protection since it would be free. What are yall using. We absolutly need it because we have special users that like to click exe's in emails.

Comments

• GLaD0S11GLaD0S11 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can tell you that my company uses McAfee and I hate it. It pretty much blocks everything that any user tries to do and generates way more support calls for me than it would if we had no anti-virus installed at all!!!
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GLaD0S11 wrote: »
    I can tell you that my company uses McAfee and I hate it. It pretty much blocks everything that any user tries to do and generates way more support calls for me than it would if we had no anti-virus installed at all!!!

Has your organization not tuned it properly?

We use McAfee as well - but like most places it's used for its offering of a suite of tools and ePO management, not because it's the best malware solution. In the actual detection of malware I'd say it does a fair job. Ultimately the amount of commodity malware in the environment has very little to do with how good your A/V is anyway.
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    We user SCCM end point protection here at my current job, works well. I personally like the McAfee ePO suite, with all that HBSS stuff included.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We use McAfee ePO with VirusScan Enterprise. We recently moved over from using the McAfee Total Protection SaaS product. ePO works reasonably well. It requires some fine tuning and I'm not terribly fond of the console but it gets the job done once you figure out McAfee's logic.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    FEP integrated with SCCM. Updates go through WSUS/SCCM as well. The protection itself is actually pretty good without being a resource hog or noisy, and the fact that we don't need a whole separate system to manage it is great. Everything I touch is in SCCM, which I spend most of my life in anyway. You will not be disappointed, IMO. And frankly, I cannot see a diligently performed justification for any other product if you already have the licenses to get FEP with SCCM.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    SCCM endpoint here as well. Seems....alright. I feel like some malware is caught by other scans and then endpoint protection identifies it also...but no real complaints.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got rid of Fore Front and deployed Symantec Endpoint 12 to the company. Pretty polished product.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We get AVG and Kaspersky and offer our clients their choice of the two plus Malwarebytes.
  • ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    Symantec Endpoint here. It doesn't seem to catch many things imo. I usually use Malwarebytes and while that scan is running, THEN Symantec messages pop up saying it's found and quarantined objects.
    :lol:
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At our company we use F-Secure to protect our client's PC's and it seems to be doing the trick but in a few months we will be moving to avast.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We also use FEP/SCEP/SCCM/whatever-they-call-it-now. It's OK....much better than EPO was, that's for sure. And MUCH cheaper too.
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ESET Endpoint Protection. I have it on 1200 computers and it works great.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I really don't care about what it doesn't catch, since you can never win with that anyway. Might as well stick to what you DO have control over. Cost, ease of use and system performance.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???