Fortinet FWs

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was just wondering whether anyone here had worked with their firewalls. Are there any resources out there to learn about them? Or are they hard to come by? Any recommendations on books? I need to het familiar with them. First time I have been confronted with their products
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    unfortunately. Had one die 6 months after install. Ours is vendor managed, so I don't have to do much with it. Look on their website. I believe there are videos and some documentation.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just found a long documentation on their site.

For those interested you can find it here

Fortinet Technical Documentation
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They also offer training, although the first training class which is the 201, is the absolute beginner level stuff. It's not until you get to the 301, that you get more in depth with how to utilize all the resources of the device.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
    Thanks, training seems expensive. I will read the PDF and watch some of the Youtube videos
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    I used for about 1 year the Fortinet 1240B I believe was the model, worked very well and great reporting plus easy interface. I liked it quite a bit, plus have you ever seen Fortinet's annual event a cruise in the Gulf of Mexico for $500 bucks!!!
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually just purchased a Fortinet 100D and will be installing it this weekend, so far I like it.
    It's a huge upgrade from the old Netgear that its replacing.
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Used the Fortinets for a couple of years. Can't say anything bad about them. The previous comments are correct. Nice reporting. Nothing fancy, they just worked. No hassles, nothing. Now if you ask me about Sonicwall.....

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

That sound you just heard was me throwing myself from a 5th floor balcony....SPLAT.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've used their firewalls as well. Good stuff. Considering buying one as a home unit. I enjoyed using their FortiAnalyzer in conjunction with their firewalls as well.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another plus is that they have good video tutorials & guides on top of their good knowledge base

Fortinet Video Library - Video Tutorials & Guides for Fortinet Products

Fortinet Knowledge Base
    Thanks guys,

I created an account on their website. Good stuff for learning about their products.