What is your "school" book list for this semester/year?

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I was pleasantly surprised today when I was notified that these will be my "required" reading for the next semester :) Just about all of it stuff I would have bought on my own!

[h=1]Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts[/h]Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts: Harm J. de Blij, Peter O. Muller, Jan Nijman: 9781118093603: Amazon.com: Books

[h=1]CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator & CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide[/h]CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator & CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide (PW0-104 & PW0-204): Tom Carpenter: 9780071713887: Amazon.com: Books

[h=1]Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals[/h]Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals: Mark Ciampa: 9781111640125: Amazon.com: Books

[h=1]Lab Manual for Ciampa's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals [/h]Lab Manual for Ciampa's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals, 4th: Dean Farwood: 9781111640132: Amazon.com: Books

Comments

• santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Darrill Gibson's book for Security + is all you need to pass it.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm 4 classes away from my BA but won't be taking classes in the Spring due to me needing to focus on my CISSP, which is due NLT 18 May 14.

I recently got the Sybex CISSP Study Guide, CISSP AIO, and Sybex Linux+ Study Guide. Not interested in attempting Linux+ at the moment. I just got it since it'd be a good refresher for some work related tasks.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "Terrorism and Homeland Security" by Jonathan R. White. Not sure about the book for the other class.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @Santaowns, when/if I do sit for the S+ I plan on getting Darril's book. However, this is a required book for the class.

@Have you read any other Sybex books? The one I got was very difficult to read, it might have just been the authors though...

@ajs1976 sounds like a interesting class, is that a higher level course?
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, I also used Todd Lammle's Sybex CCNA Study Guide and IOS Commands as well as James Stewart's Sybex Security+ Review Guide.

I like the layout, formatting, written questions, and review questions at the end of each chapter.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @--chris--

Its part of an undergrad cert from the local community college. I wanted to start WGU but realized I was not in the proper mindset, so decided to work on certs and take some classes first.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete