Options

For anyone who passed CCNA after CEH

jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
On a whim last night, I decided to test the EC Council ECE Delta System and upload my CCNA under the "Examination - 40 credits for each certification related to IT Security" pretense to see how it worked.

I added the information as a new event and uploaded a screen capture (!!!) of the Cisco generated Credential Verification Report.

To my surprise, they approved it this morning (quick turn around) and awarded 40 credits towards the renewal of my CEH. So I've met the CE minimum for this year. CCNA Security for sure, but I was certain that CCNA R:S would be a no go or partial credit award.

Just a heads up for those that were wondering.
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Thanks for the info! :D We don't get a lot of discussions about what people are doing to maintain their ECC certifications.
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed both the CEH and CHFI certifications before remembering to register for the ECE Delta Portal. So we'll see if EC-Council still allows me to claim credit ECE points for the latter. icon_redface.gif

EDIT: On topic...
    I may further test their leeway after passing the PRO exam for the MCITP DBA 2008 certification. I have until the end of January 2014.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My coworker was late in submitting his yearly minimum CE but managed to register and submit his events after the fact, IIRC.

He's a teacher who teaches 4 days a week so he was awarded an insane amount.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    amcnow wrote: »
    I passed both the CEH and CHFI certifications before remembering to register for the ECE Delta Portal. So we'll see if EC-Council still allows me to claim credit ECE points for the latter. icon_redface.gif

EDIT: On topic...
    I may further test their leeway after passing the PRO exam for the MCITP DBA 2008 certification. I have until the end of January 2014.
    I am in the same boat... it says all ECE points are good for all certs, so I put in the CHFI for credit since I passed it after the CEH, and technically should be allowable. I submitted my CCENT in May and it is still pending.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed