Options

Passed the CISSP

JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sat the exam on 12/14 and after a little over 4 hours, hit submit and successfully completed the exam.

I will advise the questions are very ambiguous and you really have to determine what they are actually asking as many of the answers appear to be correct.

My studies material consisted of:

Reading:
Study Guide 2nd Edition, this was quite concise and may have been enough to pass alone.
All-In-One Cover to Cover, while very wordy, this reading did help reinforce some of the subjects and concepts that I was unfamiliar with and which the Conrad book may have not discussed in deeper detail.
11th Hour CISSP Guide - Read this day before the exam
CISSP Summary 1.1 PDF - Also read this repeatedly last few days before exam

Testing:
Paid CCCure questions
The Shon Harris Total Tester at the back of the 6th Edition you can download

Special thanks to this forum and the people which already laid the path to conquering this beast.

Onto the endorsement process and hopefully better job opportunities.
2016 Certification Goals:
CCIE R/S Written: ???
CCIE R/S Lab: ???
Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/

Comments

• Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Taking mine on Thursday, 19 Dec 2013.
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats on the pass! Its good to see a couple of passes this weekend, also hoping for the same this wed.
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck to you both.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    sunrisersunriser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man ! I am also studying similar things however lets see what will happen on the exam day :)
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations mate. Which domains you found more difficult throughout the test?
  • Options
    I can't really say which section was the most "difficult". Determining exactly what they're asking for with the ambiguous questions is critical to passing the exam. Also, you must remind yourself this is a Management Exam and even if in your personal career have resolved some of the problems, you have to answer it the way ISC wants.
  • Options
    sunrisersunriser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi JasonX, Congrats for your success...!!! could you please answer following questions: 1) Are their any similar questions you found in exam related to any of the practice material like total tester, studiscope, cccure or transender ? 2) which domain of question you struggled a lot in exam ? 3) Are the questions one liner or paragraph ? 4) would you like to advise on the method/strategy you choose to answer the questions in exam.
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    warmkittywarmkitty Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation and Merry X mas !!!. What's next ?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sunriser wrote: »
    Hi JasonX, Congrats for your success...!!! could you please answer following questions: 1) Are their any similar questions you found in exam related to any of the practice material like total tester, studiscope, cccure or transender ? 2) which domain of question you struggled a lot in exam ? 3) Are the questions one liner or paragraph ? 4) would you like to advise on the method/strategy you choose to answer the questions in exam.

1) I could only speak for Total Tester and CCCure and the review questions Harris (AIO) and Conrads (2nd Edition) book. I think in terms to how the questions are worded, they are more closely phrased to the questions presented in the AIO and Total Tester. I feel a lot of the questions in the CCCure were kind of dated, but I would still say it was worth the $50 investment.

2) I can't really say, you don't receive a printout on how you scored. Just Pass/Fail.

3) I don't want to disclose much, but a combination of both plus scenario based.

4) If the answer is not abundantly clear, you could easily deduce at least 1 answer. Look for keywords such as "all" or "not".
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, looking into the CCDA/CCDP next.

Good luck with your studies.