Options

Which book to chose for CISSP ?

warmkittywarmkitty Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I already gone through the Shon's AIO 6th Ed. , Official Book 3rd Ed, and few chapters on Eric Conrad's book.
I have seen many of successfully passed guys advising to use Eric Conrad's book. But what I notice is there are bunch of facts/details in AIO and Official guide but not found in Conrad's book. And when I trying with cccure paid tests, I feel some questions that was asked on there were not answer in Conrad's book.
I also preferred to use Conrad's book as it's easy to read. Can re-read more than one domain by a day. But above is confusing me. Appreciate if you guys are advice on this.

Comments

• Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    What you have is what most people use, you seemed to have figured it out that Harris goes really deep into every subject where Conrad seems to keep it to the point. Most questions on the exam Conrads book will suffice but there are plenty where you need that little bit deeper insite.

Depending on your level of knowledge in INFSEC you will most likely need both books. Most people seem to like the Conrad book as their main while using the Harris book for reference.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    IMO
    Shon Harris should have the most detail (and the worst jokes...)
    Eric Conrads Cissp Study Guide has concise information but it doesn't cover as much as Shon Harris's book. This is why it's recommended to use multiple sources to study from....
    CCCURE questions are the most similar to the level of difficulty and wording of the actual exam questions. They also cover some information that is good to know not covered in the other books.

I passed with these with a crap ton of studying and tons of flashcards.
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    It all depends the current knowledge you hold. I personally read Shon Harris & Eric Conrad.