Options

What would you change in my resume?

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Attached there is my current resume.

What would you change in order to improve it?

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Trim down your margins and fit all your content on one page.
  • Options
    Fitting to one page would be impossible. Notice that contact information is missing.
  • Options
    manifest3rmanifest3r Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thin down your paragraph spacing. It's really easy to fit all that in one page. You might want to lower the font size as well.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was able to get everything you posted on the PDF on one page with plenty of room spare for your heading.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Needs quite a bit of work in my opinion.

The "Profile" section starts by telling us in poor grammar what areas you're interested in followed by explaining how that doesn't matter and you're open to anything. This isn't going to really sell anyone on hiring you. Being the first section of your resume it needs to be perfect in both content and spelling/grammar. I'm not going to go into specifics on how to fix this as a full re-write would be best.

The bullets throughout this are strange and I would remove them all completely. The Skills section has a list within each bulleted list, the Cert section has a bullet for one item, same with experience. Just remove them all.

Your relevant experience as an IT technician really tells me absolutely nothing specific about what you did. This section needs to explain the technology you worked with, your accomplishments within the position and the value you brought to this company.

You may have it in your version but make sure to put your contact info at the top.

The amount of white space in this is ridiculous. This isn't a high school paper that you're trying to stretch from 3 pages into 9, cut your margins down, use a smaller font and combine a lot onto one line. For example IT Technician, XXX company, March 2008 - July 2008 can easily all be on one line and the same could quite easily be done with your education. This is a one-page resume.

Edit: One last thing. Your master's degree Currently - August 2015 makes no sense. You have a solid start date(which you didn't put down), and then guessed at an end date(instead of just putting current). Something like Feb 2013 - Current would be better.

Edit 2: Your date system is not constant . Either abbreviate months or don't, you change from August - Sept - Jan - Sept - June - March - July.
  • Options
    Yes, I have at the top my contact info, including name, email, mobile, address, LinkedIn public profile and my blog.

Right now I'm editing the document following those tips. Later I'll upload the new version.

What is an appropriate way of saying that I have 10+ years of non-professional experience?

Verdana 10 (old was 12) or 9?

If I'm applying for a job in an English-speaking country, is quite pointless to list English at the languages section, isn't it? The hiring personnel will check my level either reading my cover letter/resume/blog or during a phone interview. What do you think?
  • Options
    ​New version. What do you think?
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    The profile still has errors. "of the IT", "among I", "where get".
  • Options
    "Throughout the past ten years, I have been gaining experience in some areas of IT through my education and self-learning, among which I highlight the vulnerabilities assessment and exploitation and the networks security. Seeking to land a job where to get a valuable experience with the goal of becoming a security analyst."

Better?