Options

99% in the door then let go

edzyyyedzyyy Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently went on an interview with a company called ASI system intergration for a windows 7 deployment.

I interviewed well, passed background/drug test, and was told the job was mine along with 19 other candidates. This was on December 10th.

I got an email from HR telling me they were waiting for the project manager to get to us so we can start. This was on December 13th

Seemed kind of odd to have us start now since Christmas is right around the corner, but I didn't think much of it.

This morning I received an email from HR telling me the project manager decided to only take 4 of the 20 candidates selected..although we were all told the job was ours.

Such a complete waste of time. I filled out TONS of paperwork & even went for a drug test.

Shame that companies still operate this way

Just wanted to rant..

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    That sucks. Never stop looking until you sign that employment contract. Good luck.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Well that certainly sucks, but don't let it discourage you! I had once gone to a job interview 2h away, spent the whole day altogether just so the guy would tell me at the end they had hired someone two days ago and I wasn't the type of person they were looking for anyway, but they just wanted to do some more interviewing to fill the quota. Imagine the frustration, I wanted to stab the guy in the eye with my pen! People in position will always play games, because the can. It's sickening but that's part of work life and you need to deal with it. So like Dieg0M said, never put your hopes up until you sign the contract.
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hold no loyalty to a company until I'm officially an employee. I learned already that you should never expect an interview to lead to a job. I interviewed this past Tuesday for a position, and even though the recruiter told me I would hear back soon, and even though I had a really good feeling about the interview, I'm still going to go interview with another company that just contacted me yesterday. It's first come, first serve for me. I've had companies wait two months to contact me, and I don't have time for that.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was in a similar situation with a work at home company. I took the drug test, signed the employment paperwork and everything. Since I actually signed the paper work, I figured it would be safe to put in my two week notice with my current employer but shortly afterwards, they told me that the trainer for the class I was supposed to be in quit. They said I was still employed, I just wouldn't be able to start working or get paid until further notice. What could I really do to avoid that situation besides wait until the day I started and give my employer a 1 day notice? I suggest that you always have some money saved up to pay the bills and never stop looking until your working. I've moved on to better things and that company called me back months later with an actual start date but nobody with bills to pay is going to wait around until you're ready to let them start working.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Been there, had that done. Many years ago, company did support for lots of companies. Went through the whole interview process, to be told at the end "well we actually hired someone hours ago, but since you were scheduled, we wanted to do this anyway."

Total let down. But moved on to bigger and better things.