Options

Passed with 879

nacisnacis Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello;

Today I took and passed my Security+ exam. A few tips for the to-be test takers:

1. I began my study with CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guideir?t=mc00-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1463762364&camp=217145&creative=399373, Darril Gibson. I strongly advise to do the same in the beginning. To learn the fundementals, I think it is the best and concise guide.
2. However, when I read the comments on amazon, I decided to get another source. I am happy that I have done so, because you will not be able to pass just with the book I mentioned in 1, unless you are already very familiar with networks. The questions are harder than the questions in Darrill's book and and cover more than the areas explained in the book. On the second thought, maybe, you can pass but it will be close to 750. Bu no need to risk, because exam is expensive.
3. My second source was: CompTIA Security + ™ Certification Study Guide (Exam SY0-301) Clarke, Glen; Lachance, Daniel
4. There are detail questions, so don't skip the details. Never say, this port and protocol I may skip, since it's too much detail. They ask about even the least used protocols and port numbers.
5. I got 75 questions, 5 of which is performance questions. In the beginning it makes you "Oh can I finish the exam on time". But don't worry, althoug I spent 15 minutes on performance questions, I finished 45 minutes earlier and had sufficient time to review all of them again.

Thanks.

Comments