Options

Level 2 support

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
So I'll be starting a new job in a few weeks that will involve using exchange 2010 and active directory and server 2008 which I don't have much hands on experience with.

I'm looking to get a head start and start learning these technologies before I start.

With the exams for those technologies I imagine there is a lot of fluff. Does anyone know of any resources that cut straight to the point in teaching these without any exam fluff? Not looking to certify just yet. Would watching the cbt nuggets series plus virtual machines be the way to go or a YouTube channel or something?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Its not going to hurt watching CBT and playing with some virtual machines. Others on here will discuss is CBT are the best, but they are defiantly better than nothing. I would suggest watch some of the example videos from various sources and see which style you prefer as this is what i comes down to in the end. I find CBT more of an overview (still lots of information) that expect you to go out an play with it. While INE videos seem more in-depth but I find a drier delivery. Which ever you chose just be sure to get your hands dirty and get a bit of hands on experince not just watch the videos.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■