Options

Lab Question

NotQuiteCertifiedNotQuiteCertified Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I currently have:

2x 2950 Switches
2x 2610 Routers

Would this be enough for the CCNA, or will it just suffice for the CCENT?
2014 Goals: CCENT [ ] Get Accepted Into University [X]

Comments

• Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having physical gear is great! Especially for CCNA! For CCENT that I just took on the 31st, virtual labs were enough, being the Lammle CCENT Sim and Packet Tracer. If you have real gear then your way ahead of the game.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    NotQuiteCertifiedNotQuiteCertified Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Having physical gear is great! Especially for CCNA! For CCENT that I just took on the 31st, virtual labs were enough, being the Lammle CCENT Sim and Packet Tracer. If you have real gear then your way ahead of the game.

I guess so,

Haven't you ever thought about getting a lab for CCNA, I got my entire kit for only £80.

Most people are saying I will need a third router to simulate OSPF DR Election. If that's the case, I might get a simulator for objectives that require more than what I have icon_study.gif
    2014 Goals: CCENT [ ] Get Accepted Into University [X]
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Switches are fine, though you could do with a third one of those as well. I wouldn't spend any money on routers. Look into GNS3 instead, and Google for how to use a breakout switch with it. Instead of spending money on more routers, buy one more 2950 switch (or a 3550 if you want to continue through CCNP eventually) and a cheap NIC that allows for 802.1Q tagging.

The two routers you have won't support newer IOS code (stops at 12.2(15)T10) and therefore may not support some of the new objectives. That's the only real problem I see with those older routers.