PC won't Boot up

Paultanoh321Paultanoh321 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
My Windows 7 Dell laptop won't boot up ...I am getting these kind of messages:
"PXE-E61:Media test failure,check cable; PXE-M0F:Exiting PXE ROM; Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.." i cannot get to safe mode by hitting f8.Please can someone help me troubeshoot this ...I will really appreciate it. Thanksicon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    It means your HDD is flubbed in some way or the computer's BIOS is trying to boot to something instead of the HDD like a network server which it cannot reach. Go into the BIOS and check the settings to make sure it is only set to boot to the HDD.
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    It is trying to pixie boot, meaning it cannot find an OS. Either your OS is corrupted, or your HDD has taken it's last ride. As mentioned, go into the laptop BIOS and run a HDD test. That will tell the tale.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Make sure no USB sticks or USB hdd are connected during boot.

Make sure that your bios boot order is trying to boot the correct hdd. I had to disable my second hdd in the bios boot order because it kept changing my default hdd which lead to me getting the same error as you.
  • Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    Also reseat the hd cable on both ends.
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    You state that you have A+ Network+…….remember the internet is your friend…..Literally I copied and pasted the "messages" into my Safari and have 5 pages full of answers in about 3.6 sec. But, I know you wanted to test the waters of the TE community. icon_thumright.gif
  • wguhelpwguhelp Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Internet is friend even to big shot net admins I have interned with. Surprising how often they need to google predicaments sometimes.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    wguhelp wrote: »
    Internet is friend even to big shot net admins I have interned with. Surprising how often they need to google predicaments sometimes.

Yeah.. you cant know everything :P
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development