Options

Should I focus on just one A+ exam now...

Jeremy HintonJeremy Hinton Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
or is it ok to study for both exams. How far in between have people taken the test? I know there is a limit on the length you can take in between the exams, but is it good practice to study for both simultaneously and take them close together or study hard for the hardware, take it, then staudy hard for OS and then take it? Are there any advantages to studying both parts at the same time?

Thanks, hopefully I will get the nerve to finally take the test, I am afraid I am going to fail, because some things are harder for me to remember than others. But I am probably not the only one with this thought!

Later, J

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I took my exams the same day. Back-to-back.

I'd worked with the material I was tested on for over 7 years and didn't see any reason to blow two days from work for an exam.

IMHO - I feel that the material is used together in the field and therefore one should be easily prepared to take the exams together. However, many, many people take one and take the second a week or more after the first.

You'll need to do what fits your personality and knowledge.

Best wishes
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    wayzerwayzer Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am no expert on this for sure, but I would say it is not a bad idea. Eventually you are going to have to know it simotaniously if you are working in the field. However, if you are just trying to get your certification one at a time is good management.

But I would agree, it depends on time you have and the way that brain of yours works.

I have to pass them both bye the end of this month and just started studying yesterday. I have a solid background but have not really focused on this stuff for two or three years. I think I am going to study one at a time, but write them the same day.

Just thought I would pass along what my weird ideas were (are).