Please help me with my CV

AnterkodAnterkod Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!
I’m from Israel. Recently I have been looking for a job in position of Help Desk or System Administrator and I've stumbled upon many ads that require good English knowledge and therefore ask for CVs written in English. My English is not very bad, but because I'm not a native speaker there may be spelling errors or bad wording in my CV. Because of this I need someone with better English knowledge to check it. I will be very grateful to receive assistance on the matter from this great forum.

P.S the Hebrew version of my CV is very successful so there is no need to change its structure, please focus mainly on my wording and spelling. Although any recommendations of improvement will be welcomed. I've attached a picture file which is my CV.
Thank you in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

Comments

• MurkyMurky Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found it very readable and no errors jumped out at me. Your English is great.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Dude, you could easily put that on one page
  • MsMcNettMsMcNett Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It should be on one page. I own a resume business and wouldn't mind offering some advice.
  • AnterkodAnterkod Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for comments.
    It's one page indeed. In order to be able to take a screenshot of the CV in one piece I changed the page layout to Full Screen Reading.
    Originally the word file contains only one page.
    Do really none of you notice a single mistake in the CV?
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    It's much easier to add a language in to Word and spell check it there than it is to post a picture of you resume here...

Check spelling and grammar in a different language - support - Office.com
    Not really. Word will tell you if there was a misspelled word or basic errors like writing "a apple". However, you might have errors in the order of a sentence and Word won't tell you that. For instance, is not the same to say "Better get a certification", "Get a certification better" or "Get a better certification", right?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Couple of things jump out:

- why periods on bullet points that are phrases?
    - "web-sites" and "web-development" - never seen a dash used between those words
    - since you underlined the headers, introducing a colon seems unnecessary
    cyberguypr, thank you for your remarks, I will fix this.
    However, I didn't understand what you mean in your third remark, which colon?
  • Syn/AckSyn/Ack Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only have one comment! Here in the United Kingdom its unusual to put your martial status on a CV. Why would an employer care if your married, single or dating a rabbit? Its irrelevant to most jobs I would imagine. Just my 2 cents
    The ID and birth date should be let off as well.

Important PII are: name, email, telephone and address (not necessary your home address but a location, so the employer knows where you live).
    Syn/Ack, you're right, it's probably irrelevant, I'll remove it.

yzT, I agree that the ID maybe irrelevant, but the birth date represents my age for the employer, I think that's an important information for the employer to know before hiring someone (and maybe surprise the worker with birthday party afterwards - just kiddingicon_lol.gif).
    Also I agree a home location is a must thing to write in the CV, but in my case, as I live in god knows where hole and don't have a driving license, I will just fall out after initial filtering all the time. I will never have an opportunity to assure the employer that I have a good public transportation in my area and I will make it on time for a job everyday if he will hire me. Instead everyone just ask me about my address when they call. Also they sometimes think I live near the high school which I graduated, it's located in a central place.
    By law, they can't take in consideration the age.
  • Tom ServoTom Servo Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Regarding whether to include marital status, date of birth, etc, my general rule is to follow the conventions of the country you plan to apply for jobs in. In some countries, it is standard (and expected) to include a photograph in your resume, age, etc. If you plan to use this resume in the US though, I would definitely leave off marital status, birth date, and ID, as it can only hurt you.