642-891 passed with 859...
I am a CCNP now~

woo!

Comments

• Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bowing.gif

RESPECT !

Tell me more about it. I'm just taking the first step on the long road to CCNP so please share your impressions with us icon_smile.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D

Are you going after CCIE next?
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats....

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    GUI-ManGUI-Man Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very few people attack the composite test - we need more feedback than just "passed, I'm a CCNP now". icon_rolleyes.gif

Congratulations are in order of course, but we're all here to share knowledge and experience (legally of course). Your audience awaits.....
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    GUI-Man wrote:
    Very few people attack the composite test - we need more feedback than just "passed, I'm a CCNP now". icon_rolleyes.gif

Congratulations are in order of course, but we're all here to share knowledge and experience (legally of course). Your audience awaits.....
    My, my...aren't we demanding. You'll be lucky if he shares anything with you with that attitude.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-891.html
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude........much props to you.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    roctkd wrote:
    I am a CCNP now~

woo!

If you have any thoughts of doing your CCIE R/S....I would start looking over the material for the written exam, while all the CCNP info is fresh in the brain. It will make life easier for you. Once you pass that, you will have a year and a half to schedule the lab.....

Just a thought..

kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Great job ...... icon_thumright.gif

Its an achievement my friend.
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    Nice...I havn't even started on CCNP yet. I was thinking about doing CCNP and CCSP, but yeah, I gotta finish other stuff first :/
  • Options
    hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    roctkd wrote:
    I am a CCNP now~

woo!

If you have any thoughts of doing your CCIE R/S....I would start looking over the material for the written exam, while all the CCNP info is fresh in the brain. It will make life easier for you. Once you pass that, you will have a year and a half to schedule the lab.....

Just a thought..

kenny

Roughly how much overlap are between CCNP and CCIE R/S written.

And CCIE R/S written emphasis mainly on concept and very few router commands?
  • Options
    There is a whole lot of overlap between the CCNP and the CCIE R/S written. There are just a couple of advanced concepts...but I would say it you have a great portion of the exam.

The lab is another story. In order to consider you a so called "Expert" in a small lab....in a short amount of time....you might find yourself in some tricky situations. You must know multiple ways of doing things incase you are told it can't be done other ways..And you must understand how each command you run can potentially affect crap on the other side of the network. If your not paying attention, you can set yourself up for a network redesign halfway through the exam....not cool.

But...once you pass the written, you have 18 months to practice for the lab. icon_wink.gif

Kenny
    Kenny