Options

Question about Darril Gibson's latest CISSP study guide

I just finished the CISSP for dummies book and wanted look for a more in depth book for the CISSP exam. I liked Darril Gibson's security plus book and wondered is his study guide below was any good?

CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide: James M. Stewart, Mike Chapple, Darril Gibson: 9781118314173: Amazon.com: Books

I also heard great things about Conrad's book as well, is there an up to date version to this book or is it sufficient to pass?

http://www.amazon.com/CISSP-Study-Guide-Eric-Conrad/dp/1597495638/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389284294&sr=1-4&keywords=CISSP+Conrad

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using the book right now and have gotten to page 480 as of now.

I like how it's written (straight and to the point, not too verbose) and presented. The notes and real world scenario side talkers keep you engaged when the material is just about to start dragging. The 10 domains are broken up into 2 chapters each (physical security is just 1, though), the first of which covers the basics of the domain and the second which dives in deeper.

There are written questions and practice questions (about 20) after each chapter. They go hand in hand with the material being covered and all the answers are all in the back to keep you from peaking (unlike Sybex's CCNA book).

If you take out the indexes and pratice questions and answers, the book is about 750 pages so I'd recommend getting another CISSP book (which you already have) to use alongside it.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna