Options

Career changer

787787 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm looking to make a move back into the IT industry.
A little about me and what I do. I graduated with a 2:2 in Financial Computing and worked for a small tele-comms company in London for about 8 months before being made redundant. This was back in 2011/12.
I spent about 4 weeks looking around for a new IT job but wasn't getting anywhere, so decided to take on a job as a Ramp Agent at the airport (funnily enough making just shy of £2,000 a month as a ramp agent!). From there I moved to Customer Service Agent for a ground handling company and now I'm Cabin Crew.

i just feel like there's something missing. I've always been an IT person, building PC's and the general go-to guy when people have computer issues.

In my old job as a Network Administrator I was working towards my MCITP so I've still got the books and learning materials to get the MCSA 2008, and could do the 417 (I think) to bring me up to the Server 2012 standard.

My only concern is finding that "first" job. Not really sure where to begin. Do I get my MCSA cert and then apply? And would 8 months of work experience be sufficient to get a 1st Line/Support role in a company.

Just feeling a little lost and confused and could do with some advice and a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks for reading,