CCNA in four parts _

MysticPytthonMysticPytthon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been offered to attend a class, with the 4 cisco CCNA modules (Network Fundamentals, Routing Protocols and Concepts, LAN Switching and Wireless and Accessing the Wan) and taking the test for each class.

However, according to most sources I find on the net, for example Wikipedia, there are two ways to gain a CCNA. It's either by taking the 200-120 or 100-101 and 200-101. I don't see anything about 4 tests giving a CCNA. 

So taking these 4 classes, with 4 exams, would give exactly what? Is Wikipedia (and other resources) simply wrong, or what title do you have after taking the four tests?

Comments

• Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The tests from the Cisco Net Academy curriculum. At the end of each class you have a final exam... then (providing you don't fail the course) you move on to the next class. They prepare you for the CCNA exam. Are you taking the classes at a local community college?

You do not take 4 tests to pass the CCNA. You actually do not have to take these 4 classes... you can study on your own ... but... from experience the classes are beneficial. Lab time is very helpful as well...

Hope this helps.
    Frank
  • MysticPytthonMysticPytthon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, super, so these 4 tests, don't give anything.

So I guess if I'm taking the classes, I could just take the ICND tests. I would imagine that being easier than taking the 200-120.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If someone else is paying for the classes then do it!
    You will not get a CCNA for taking the classes though.
    You still have to take the exams on your own.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm taking the Netacad classes now and I really like way they present the information.
    You need to do a lot of reading and activities online. The amount of hands on you get will depend a lot on your teacher and the number of students taking it with you. If you are not good at self motivation this will allow you to cover the material in a reasonable amount of time.

Good Luck
  • TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok, super, so these 4 tests, don't give anything.

So I guess if I'm taking the classes, I could just take the ICND tests. I would imagine that being easier than taking the 200-120.

Actually after passing the four classes, and scoring 75% or above on the final in Accessing the Wan, you will get 58% off your ICND exams.
  • SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    I'm doing the same thing, taking it at a CC. However they have it at an accelerated pace, 3 nights a week (4hrs) total of 3 months to complete then you take the CCNA exam.
  • SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    I've thought about self studying but the classes have labs that has actual routers. I think for CCNA that would be more beneficial for me. Plus, the program won't cost me a dime.