Completed a graduate certificate in cyber security!

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I recently completed a graduate certificate in cyber security as a part of my masters program.
If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be at this point I would not have believed it.

Only 6 classes left to finish the masters!

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations Mr.Agent! You are doing it and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I know what you mean, I started my associates degree in 1999 dropped out of college got my A+ got jobs then went back to school and finished my associates this past dec 2013 in cyber security. I start by Bachelors in Cyber Security this Spring, but you are on your way to a Masters hats off to ya!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats, what program are you in? Stay after it and finish strong!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks, I am in the Applied Information Technology program from George Mason University. I have all my security electives done, and now I have to focus on my core classes, which all seem to be leadership classes.

Heres the program I am in.
    Graduate Programs
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mr Agent!
    do you aim at continuing to the PhD?
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks. At this point, I have no plans to work on a PhD. There's really no need honestly. I do not plan on ever being in academia, and I don't want to put myself in that much debt just for the Dr. title.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!! They have some awesome courses that's for sure!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rock on! I'm in the same boat - in two classes, I will have finished a graduate certificate in financial analysis (hey, it's good to have a backup plan). :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63