Options

University of Colorado at Boulder - anyone been there?

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Anyone have any experience with this school?

Telecommunications Master Degree | College of Engineering Online at CU-Boulder

I am currently enrolled in WGU's MSISA, but I am back working in Telecommunications, and I am not sure I'll be leaving...

I just feel like working in Telecommunications and studying Telecommunications, I could use one to help out the other..
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CU BOulder is expensive.. I will stick with WGU just switch to the M.S. Information Technology—Network Management
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    well my work is paying for it, so price isn't a factor really...

plus that WGU degree is pretty much all paper writing, which I'm not too fond of, I mean I know that comes with any degree program, but I think that WGU degree is 100% papers, and it's kind of vague, I would only be interested in switching for Telecommunications...

I also am looking at:

a school in my state:

Murray State University > Master of Science Degree program

and a school I know a co-worker graduated from:

M.S. in Telecommunications - Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering - SMU
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One of my coworkers just finished that degree through that school. It is a good program. I say, if they pay for it, go for it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A portion of my family has graduated from that University. It's a good one my cousin went through their MBA program and is now a VP 4 - 5 years later with a company local to the area. My uncle received his bachelors there and went on to an aerospace program and is now leader wing designer for some of the more modern fighter jets for Boeing. Last but not least my other cousin from a different uncle went to that school for business administration she is 26 and makes over 120,000 doing statistics for a large actuary company. My direct exposure to all the graduates I know of have been a positive one. In fact the GM for the St. Louis Cardinals has his MBA from that school as well.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    CU > WGU. That isn't knocking WGU, CU Happens to be the marquee state university in Colorado. Some of their schools are highly selective (Leeds) and others, like engineering and molecular biology, are almost direct conduits to high paying jobs. As far as their telecommunications degree? Who knows, I looked at it and I am not convinced that the coursework itself will be useful, the prestige from that school WILL help you throughout your life.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    it I think most state schools are > WGU.