Options

CCNA Voice or CCNA Wireless???

Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently got my CCNA, but I am in desktop support only and finding it difficult to land a routing/switching position without experience. But that's not why I am posting.

I would really like to pursue the CCNA Wireless route for my next certification. But it seems like Voice has more demand. Can anyone give any insights on what is probably a better move?

Thanks for any and all comment.

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Career wise, voice would be the right direction, as Unified Communications jobs leads to network support roles as the traffic is integrated into the data network. My work can't hardly find voice people to bring into my company, I can attest it's highly in demand, and what I'm currently studying to help me with the UC role I'm currently in.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, Voice will be the best option to go with in regards to what companies are looking for. Some people really don't get along with Voice though.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Why not both?
    Wireless and VOIP are the future. If you are comfortable with both technologies, you would succeed alot with this knowledge.
  • Options
    Thanks for the insights. It is greatly appreciated.
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Career wise, voice would be the right direction, as Unified Communications jobs leads to network support roles as the traffic is integrated into the data network. My work can't hardly find voice people to bring into my company, I can attest it's highly in demand, and what I'm currently studying to help me with the UC role I'm currently in.
  • Options
    Thanks for the insights, I have some study options so I will be starting this soon and will be keeping my options open if I were to say that it's not for me.
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I agree, Voice will be the best option to go with in regards to what companies are looking for. Some people really don't get along with Voice though.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ive never seen a job posting asking for the CCNA Wireless.
    Maybe in the future itll be in demand but right now Voice would likely get you more calls.