Options

Resume/Job Help needed

JohnjonesJohnjones Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thanks. Can be closed now.

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow your resume and credentials look good to me!
    It does seem like a giant block of text though. But thats just my opinion. Perhaps format it slightly different so the highlights stand out more.
    You may have already done this but try uploading it to Indeed, Glassdoor, Simplyhired etc.

Also name the file something like "Network Admin Cisco Security Resume"

Maybe youre just in a bad area right now. Consider relocating?
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try to remove repetition from your resume. I've seen you mention being a leader four times in your summary statement. Also, list your certifications from Highest to lowest, and make sure everything has a parallel structure, and is easy to read. I noticed one of your job roles starts with a small letter, and another starts with a capital. You could probably take out some stuff, or reorganize it to make it look neater. Changing the format might help, too. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Try to remove repetition from your resume. I've seen you mention being a leader four times in your summary statement. Also, list your certifications from Highest to lowest, and make sure everything has a parallel structure, and is easy to read. I noticed one of your job roles starts with a small letter, and another starts with a capital. You could probably take out some stuff, or reorganize it to make it look neater. Changing the format might help, too. Good Luck.

I don't think hiring managers REALLY care about what's in the summary. I doubt many even read it. The letter thing is likely because of quick editing error to throw it on here. The cert order is decent advice.
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Johnjones wrote: »
    I don't think hiring managers REALLY care about what's in the summary. I doubt many even read it. The letter thing is likely because of quick editing error to throw it on here. The cert order is decent advice.
    Actually the summary statement is the most important part of the resume. If it is not written well your resume will automatically go into the discard pile.
  • Options
    Actually the summary statement is the most important part of the resume. If it is not written well your resume will automatically go into the discard pile.

Okay. Thanks.