Options

Fortinet Certification

jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good evening,
I was wondering what are some of the best paths for Fortinet certification. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

jschreck

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Let me google that for you ;)

Fortigates seem to be few and far between from what I've seen, so time may be better spent on more industry standard certs like microsoft / cisco / vmware / everything else. Good luck!
  • Options
    jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for googling that for me. What I was getting at is all I can find is classes, offered by Fortinet. No books, no nothing, just expensive classes'.

Also to answer your question why? Cause my boss is offering a 5 dollar raise the moment you get certified in Fortinet. Incentive, yes?
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Yes that is pretty good incentive, kind of surprised there isn't some sort of third party training program for Fortigates.

Good luck on obtaining that raise!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's really the only way you'll be able to obtain the certification. They do require that you take the class from what I recall from mine. How I obtained mine was through my work and Fortinet partnership reducing the cost to $150 or so. An extra $5 an hour would be worth it as it really is a very simple test.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.