Options

Security threat

jonmaxjonmax Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
How we can protect our system from outside threat ?

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I recommend a good moat.

Seriously though - this is a huge topic when phrased in such a broad manner. What exactly are you looking for help with? What research have you already done?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This is like asking "how can I build a house?" The question is way too vague. The community here is more than happy to help anyone but the right questions need to be asked and the context needs to be provided.

I would hate for this to become another LinkedIn tech group fiasco.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Start by using a firewall. Cisco juniper and palo alto make some reputable firewalls. To protect from physical security threats I suggest security system with security guards on site.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Physical security - have all IT equipment (servers, routers, switches, patch panels, etc) in a closet/room that only IT have access to.

Logical security - Cisco/Juniper firewalls will be your best bet. Lock down all ports except of those that are needed.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As many have already observed...very broad question. Here is an equally broad solution:

SANS Top 20 Security Controls icon_thumright.gif

https://www.sans.org/critical-security-controls/
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Don't connect your systems to any public networks--including the Internet, continually scan for covert wired and wireless network devices and remove when found, and do not allow operators to connect electromechanical devices (USB, video, eSata, PCI, etc.) to your systems.

This security plan would have thwarted both Stuxnet and Snowden.